Oops in my WebSearch Code

I have kind of put my WebSearch code off on the back burner while I worked on real customer work for the last couple of weeks.  Well, I set down this morning and started looking at my data and how things were progressing with about 10 million records.  Well, I found an oops, and I think it was a pretty good one.  It ends up that I was taking a base url and the script and just plugging them together in a certain case.  The result was that I was creating urls like http://www.domainname.com//page.asp instead of http://www.domainname.com/page.asp.  Well, I took care of that this morning.  I decided to purge my data and start over.  I checked my data a couple of times this evening and it appears that everything is running more correct now.

I have made another change to how I am pulling data back from the database in attempt to get around another bottleneck that I am seeing.  More info on this after I have a chance to see it when there is more data in the database.


1 Comment

  • Interestingly, the .NET Framework contains an *internal* class, UrlPath, which has helpful methods that do things like combining URLs parts and making sure there aren't two // and such.

    Now, what is frustrating, is this class is internal, meaning only classes in the System.Web.dll assembly can use this class. Which sucks, because I'd like to utilize this functionaity without having to "reinvent the wheel." Meh.

Comments have been disabled for this content.