Follow me on Twitter at Twitter.com/wbm
FYI, I'm blogging most of my stuff over at More Wally now.
You might want to add my rss feed to your reader at:http://morewally.com/cs/blogs/wallym/rss.aspx
XAML control listing - Wallace B. McClure

Wallace B. McClure

All About Wally McClure - The musings of Wallym on Web, HTML5, Mobile, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, and Windows Azure.

News

Visual Studio Magazine Column Personal Blog

.NET

Book Authors

Business

Family

Friends

Georgia Tech Bloggers

Personal

Archives

XAML control listing

As I have been reading and trying to understand the silverlight 1.1 alpha.  Given the similarities between silverlight design and XAML, I've been looking for a list of xaml controls.  Well, I found it.  MS's list is at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752324.aspx

I thought the link helpful, so I wanted to share it with others.

Wally

Posted: May 13 2007, 04:16 PM by Wallym | with 6 comment(s)
Filed under: , ,

Comments

Rick Strahl said:

Well, that's the WPF list, not the Silverlight list <s>... You'll have to significantly trim that list down. No input controls and none of the top level containers except Canvas are supported currently in Silverlight.

Let's hope that changes soon...

# May 14, 2007 1:37 AM

Granville Barnett said:

You could just use the Windows SDK that ships with the .NET 3.0 framework.

# May 14, 2007 5:11 AM

Andrey Skvortsov said:

There's no "controls" except TextBlock,Canvas+ some basic visual primitives in Silverlight in present time.That's WPF reference,not Silverlight and never will be,I suppose.

# May 14, 2007 6:45 AM

Glenn said:

From what I've read, I thought the Controls weren't included in the Silverlight footprint.  (...To help keep it small.)

Am I mistaken?  Are these Controls included in the Cross Browser supported Silverlight?

# May 14, 2007 9:19 AM

Wallym said:

Interesting feedback.  I note in the post that the two are similar, but not the same.

Wally

# May 14, 2007 9:21 AM

Wallym said:

This could all be correct.  The problem is that there is no good hard info that I have been able to track down regarding Silverlight.  All I have been able to find are all of the "cool gee-whiz" stuff with very little meet behind what is currently available.

# May 14, 2007 9:28 AM

John Bowen said:

You seem to be confusing XAML with WPF. XAML is markup used by multiple technologies including WPF, Silverlight and Windows Workflow. WPF is the UI part of .NET 3.0 encompassing the rendering engine and class libraries. Since Silverlight's rendering engine essentially uses a subset of WPF's functionality they will be able to share code in many cases (probably will most often expressed in XAML). Silverlight 1.1 currently has a very limited control set and is more concentrated on getting the core functionality working. When Silverlight 1.1 ships it will have a larger control set but probably will not exactly match the full WPF control set.

# May 14, 2007 11:32 AM