Some interesting things I am finding about Windows Azure
- Queue messages have a max size of 8kb.
- Queued messages in azure are typed.
- If you are interested in #Azure, I would suggest following @smarx on twitter.com.
- Transaction support will come in future #Azure CTPs.
- ACID Transactions are only supported on single entity updates at this time in azure.
- Azure table writes are synchronous.
- In the commercial release, MS will offer some control over geodistribution and georeplication. Info is scarce at this time.
- In the CTP, Azure runs in "a single datacenter on the US west coast."
- The lease timeframe appears to be configurable. The default is 30 seconds.
- You can hold a lease on message in an azure queue. No one else can see it during the lease. This is good.
These are just some of the things I have found while reading online. As I find out more, I'll be posting. If you want immediate access to my info, go to twitter.com and follow me (@wbm)