ASP.NET Podcast Show #138 - Coding Microsoft Velocity with David Penton - video
Subscribe to All!
Subscribe to WMV.
Subscribe to M4V (iPod).
Subscribe to MP3.
(The cool kids subscribe, why not you?!?)
Original Url: http://aspnetpodcast.com/CS11/blogs/asp.net_podcast/archive/2009/03/19/asp-net-podcast-show-138-coding-microsoft-velocity-with-david-penton-video.aspx
Code Samples: http://www.aspnetpodcast.com/CS11/files/folders/podcastsupportfiles/entry1293.aspx
----- Code Sample Notes -----
- Four (4) assembly references are needed for a cache project:
- Import System.Data.Caching for code using Velocity
- You must start with a CacheFactory. No parameters in the construct means to
read from a configuration file.
- From there, cache is accessed via a CacheName. You can use
Cache.DefaultCache for the default (returns null) For CTP2, you cannot easily
seek out if a region is created.
- Cache.DefaultRegion is null as well.
- There is quite a bit of log messages that are exposed by default in
Velocity. Especially for a Cache Miss.