ASP.NET Podcast Site has been updated

After watching my beloved Georgia Tech Ramblin' Wreck have a train wreck against Georgia, I started on updating the site for the ASP.NET Podcast from Community Server 1.1 all the way upto CS2.1.  The site is updated and appears to be properly working now.  Thanks to the folks at Orcsweb for their help in backing up my database. 

I ran into two issues during the upgrade.  These are:

  • I forgot to test pictures.  As a result, pictures were not working correctly.  I had to upload my backup from the storage and cache directories.  Once I did that, the problems went away with images not displaying correctly.
  • I wanted to add some advertisements to the site.  Wow, this was much more complicated than I thought.  Working with David Silverlight(many thanks to him), we finally figured out a way to do it that meet my needs and in turn, it helped him figure out some thing that he could do for his Community Credit site.

I still need to get email up and going on the site, but all of this stuff is a work in progress.  :-)


No Comments