Ok, so Microsoft's Team Foundation Server has been available for several years. We've stuck with a couple of open source source control / project management apps. John keeps moving things around and trying new stuff. I've just stuck with the evil SourceSafe because it was simple and it worked and as long it was just me working on something, I've survived. No more, I need to move out into the world. I have been working to setup TFS 2008 on Windows 2008 Server with Sql Server 2008, but I found out later that was a no go without SP1 of TFS. I went back to t Windows 2003 with Sql Server 2005. It installed and worked pretty easily. Mickey Goussett andwered a few dumb questions for me. This morning, I found one final problem. I had everything setup, but I was getting this weird error about not being able to connect to the Sql Server Reporting Services. WTF is that all about. In reading through the error log, it dawned on me that the client was trying to connect using the SMB name of the server even though I was trying to connect over ip. I set an entry for the server name in my host file and it all seems to be working now. To make it even better, I have the server running in a virtual server session. If necessary, I can move the server to whereever I want with just a few hours of notice. Very nice indeed. I'm trying the TFS thing. I hope it all works out!