What makes a good model?
Andrea takes a stab at stating it.
- As simple as possible, and complete (Better not bigger, spanning the semantic space)
- Extensible and reusable (Designed to evolve and be used beyond original purposes)
- Design tradeoffs well-understood and documented
- Normalized (To a point)
- Incorporating stable and well-defined concepts and semantics – Usually taken from other standards and models
- Designed and encoded for interoperability and sharing of semantics – But not limited by a specific encoding (such as XML Schema or database limitiations)