For those of you who read this in time:
Mike Schinkel, president of Xtras.Net, made an offer on his personal blog of a free XDN Professional membership (http://www.xtras.net/xdn) during the month of May 2004 for anyone that blogs about .NET frequently. If you are a .NET blogger, see Mike's post for how to get your free XDN membership.
I've looked around the site and I think it is definately something worth looking into.
From their site here are some of the reasons why developers like it so much:
- Xtras is run by development enthusiasts selling to other enthusists.
- Xtras catalogs provide full product descriptions written by developers who have actually used and tested the software.
- Xtras websites provide a wealth of information about the products it carries including downloadable demos so developers can easily decide which products best meet their needs.
- Xtras provides discounts off the vendors' normal retail prices.
- Xtras has a superior pro-customer attitude which empowers it to provide great customer service.
- Xtras management really cares about customer's opinion and wants its customers to be raving fans.