The Microsoft .Net Junkies
Configure Open Live Writer To Weblogs.asp.net
I was not able configure “Open Live Writer” for my blog post but after few attempts able to make it work.
Files and content search outside from opened Visual Studio solution
I have been using Visual studio for decade now and never notice a useful search option on “Find and Replace” wizard.One of my client still use Windows XP for their development machine.We have set of projects separated to specific group or solutions. So,i always have challenge to find some contents or files other than current opened solutions.On windows 7 it is easier go folder and look for content but not so easy on windows XP.Following “Find and Replace” and content search found very helpful.
Good list of cloud computing learning
- [1:08] Motti Shaked's Interactive .Net Tutorial (Motti Shaked)
- [2:14] Updated Windows Azure SDK & Windows Azure HPC Scheduler SDK(Himanshu Singh), Download Windows Azure SDK, Manually download/install,Windows Azure SDK for .NET - November 2011.
- [3:50] NuGet Packages for Windows Azure and Windows Phone Developers(Wade Wegner)
- [6:07] Video–Building a RESTful Service in Azure, Source Code to Azure RESTful Service, Android Mobile Client, iOS/iPhone Mobile Client, and Windows Phone 7 Mobile Client (Bruno Terkaly)
- [7:37] Implementing 5 important principles of REST using WCF Services(Shivprasad Koirala)
- [8:15] JSLint for Visual Studio 2010 (Luke Page, "baretta_x" and "markist")
- [9:10] Download: Visual Studio 2010 Project Template for TFS Utilities (Neno Loje)
- [10:40] Build Explorer version 1.1 for Visual Studio Team Explorer is released(Terje Sandstrom), Visual Studio Gallery and Codeplex.
- [12:45] Visual Studio Feedback Tool, Visual Studio User Voice
- [15:30] Basis of Tactile Programming with WPF4 and Surface 2.0 SDK (Nicolas Calvi)
- [16:42] PhoneGap on WP7 tip #1: Handling Orientation (Glen Gordon)
- [18:45] Free Art for your WP7 App (Andrew Coates), Windows Phone Apps Art Gallery
- [19:19] XDSK2 (XNA Developer’s Survival Kit)
- [20:12] How We Do Language Design at Microsoft (C#,Visual Basic,F#) (Alex Turner , Donald Syme , Lisa Feigenbaum , Lucian Wischik)
- [21:52] The Roslyn Project - Meet the Design Team (Charles Torre, Anders Hejlsberg, Karen Liu, Matt Warren, and Peter Golde)
Internet Explorer 8 developer tools debugging on Windows XP
Although , Microsoft officially not going support Windows XP but still many healthcare companies preferred to use windows XP internally. They buy windows 7 laptop and convert to Windows XP.This sounds funny but it true.
No Internet Explorer 9 for Windows XP
Some of my team member was facing configuring report viewer.Most of the post are confusing or not able to understand properly.
This is what we concluded and thought to put a quick note on it.
No 1 Section : This is the report name
No 2 Section : ReportServer make the default name on URL sometime even if you don’t see on browser you still need to try with “Reportserver” on url. In our case the DB/report team did not mentioned nothing about “ReprtServer” on URL but it was needed.
No 3. “Adventure Works” is the folder path name.This required as full path. Don’t confuse with browser URL path. Look for actual server path. Browser show something like this “Report/page” blah blah..But this is not the right URL.
No 4: Credential are configured on server and you should able to see report without any login prompt even if you gave “MyReportViewer.ShowCredentialPrompts = false” option. this also need to inherits from IReportServerCredentials and pass the user id and password using NetworkCredential .
BizTalk and Cloud computing
Now a day I am more thinking on cloud computing,biztalk ,appfabrick,health care,HPC and data bursting. I guess I should have my own lab now and wish have enough time to play around. I will start writing more blog abound this subject slowly .I am in process to setting up a very nicely distributed and decoupled environment for biztalk .I got my first surprise.I will do more VM Role setup with windows Azure 4.0 .
After long time I got chance to configure TFS myself .I did this for my BizTalk team .I was able to install without any issue…
Easy way to write WHERE IN clause in Linq
I found many links to write IN clause in Linq but following is the simplest way achieve this