At Tellago, we always try to stay in the frontlines of technology that can enhance our solution development practices. This year we are putting a lot of emphasis on business intelligence and in particular the new set of BI technologies such as Microsoft's PowerPivot, Master Data Services and StreamInsight that are scheduled to be release with SQL Server 2008 R2.
In the last few weeks we have been working closely with different Microsoft field offices to coordinate a series of customers events that will help to evangelize the SQL Server 2008 R2 BI stack.The first one of those events took place yesterday at the Microsoft office in Tampa FL and we got around 60 Microsoft enterprise customers. Don Demsak (Tellago's CTO) and myself had the pleasure of sharing the stage with Martin Pichardo (Microsoft's Technology specialist) and delivered six sessions that highlighted the fundamental components of Microsoft's BI proposition. Below you can see the agenda
- SQL Server 2008 R2 overview
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and SSRS Enhancements - An introduction to the new SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services features
- Building Self Service Business Intelligence Solutions with PowerPivot
- Building CEP applications using Microsoft's StreamInsight - Complex Event Processing (CEP)
- Introducing SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services
- Real Time Business Intelligence with SQL Server 20008 R2
Thanks to all the folks who attended our presentation. In general the event was a success and we got a lot of positive feedback from a really enthusiastic audience. Kudos to Dan Sandlin and Martin for organizing this event. Our next stop will be Jacksonville FL in April 14th.