The Free Editions of DevExpress AgDataGrid Suite in not just a "preview" of what is possible with Silverlight. It was developed to fully exploit the power and flexibility of the platform and ships with the following advanced features:
- Data Grouping against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Data Sorting against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Comprehensive Summary Computation support against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Column Movement
- Column Resizing
- Column Auto-Width
- Row Editing
- Row Preview (with animation)
- Template Support (for cell content, cell editing, row preview and headers)
- Auto Height Support for cells, headers, and totals.
- Virtual StackPanel Row Container (simply means we are able to handle an unlimited number of rows)
- Focused Row and Focused Cell
- Multi-Row Selection
- Cell Text Wrapping
- Vertical/Horizontal Lines
- Multiple column types/editors
Beyond the features we've listed above, the AgDataGrid will ship with the following capabilities:
- Smart UI Element Management
AgDataGrid implements a smart loading and re-organization of the grid's inner UI elements to provide smaller control load times and faster data operations.
- Designed for Future Performance Enhancements
Silverlight is all about client-side technology...But if client/server interaction will be implemented in future versions, our grid is ready to delegate data processing to the server side and thus boost application performance.
- Higher-Level abstractions
With our unique measurement routines you don't have to think in terms of pixels - which you do with the standard Silverlight grid. Just like other advanced controls for older platforms, you simply specify styles and fonts and all element sizes are automatically modified.
- Full Animation Support
It's hard to imagine any Silverlight control without compelling animation effects. Though the standard Microsoft Silverlight grid control's architecture doesn't support them, AgDataGrid fully supports animations for group row expansion, preview row display and other operations.
Commercial Version Available
DevExpress offers an extended version of its free Silverlight Grid, including features such as end-user data filtering, sorting of group rows against corresponding summaries and multiple cell selection. To learn more and download a free trial version, visit the following page.
To help you get started with the AgDataGrid Suite, we've prepared a number of video tutorials.