Under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Text Editor” Create a String called “Guides” with the value “RGB(255,0,0), 80″ to have a red line at column 80 in the text editor.
- Pressing ALT during selection, selects a square of text instead of whole lines.
- Ctrl++ [Control, Plus] or Ctrl+- [Control, Minus] to navigate to previous position of the cursor and back
- Ctrl+Shift+V to cycle through the Clipboard history. Visual Studio keeps a history of data in the clipboard
- Ctrl+U and Ctrl+Shift+U to uppercase or lower case selected text.
- Ctrl+L Deletes the current line.
- Shift+F9 to bring the variable in QuickWatch