I've been tagged by Brendon, so here are 5 things that you don't know about me:
- While I was born in Mobile (AL), and went to school there from 3rd grade until I graduated high school, I actually started school in Italy.
- I was 3rd place in 4th grade 50 yard dash -- the 1st and 2nd place finishers went on to be my high school running back and quarterback.
- My high school chess team won 3 Mobile county and 3 Alabama state championships -- we had no star, but were all equally pretty good.
- I was goofing around on a piano and singing when I first met my wife Jenny -- then we went to a Chinese group at the University of Alabama.
- I started programming professionally when I was laid off from teaching college math during a budget crisis that laid off everyone not tenured.