Archives / 2004 / July
  • Programming Contract Work

    Finally found some time to blog.  I have been programming for an “employer” for 6+ years.  Now I find myself doing contract work (self employed).  So basically I am clueless as to how I go about this income tax wise. 
    • Do I get a local business license?
    • Do I just go on as I have been and save a certain percentage of my income for taxes?
    • Do I file taxes just like have been?
    • I hear I can write off expenses and such since I work out of my house.  (which deserves an entry on its own)
    • Should I be saving reciepts and such?  :-)
    I suspect some readers are in the same boat and have experience with this sort of thing.  Self Employed Programmer.  Anyone have any tips or suggestions?