A beta version Subversion Edge was just released. It is a new product from CollabNet that brings together a complete Subversion installation into one easy to use package. CollabNet has been a key supporter of Subversion & has a large number of Subversion committers on staff.
Some of the features include:
- Download and install a certified stack of SVN, Apache, and ViewVC in under 3 minutes
- Configure SVN and Apache from a single web UI - with best practices built in
- Enable SSL with a single checkbox
- Stay current with auto-updates
- Browse SVN repositories with ViewVC
- View and manage SVN and Apache logs
- See server health stats at-a-glance
- Manage user roles and permissions
- Integrate with corporate LDAP
VisualSVN is another provider of an improved SVN installation & administration experience. They have been providing the VisualSVN Server for a few years now. The main differences with the CollabNet product is it adds the ViewVC tool for web-based browsing of your repository and server health monitoring.
If you're running on Windows, either one of these products look like a good choice for getting up and running quickly on Subversion. If you're on Linux, then Subversion Edge would be your choice since it is cross-platform.