New Release of the SmartTools for SharePoint Project
Tonight I’ve uploaded new versions of all the components of the SmartTools for SharePoint project on CodePlex. For those of you who don’t know the SmartTools project: it’s a collection of useful SharePoint extensions, including:
- What's New: a customizable web part that can display a list of recently added or changed items of a SharePoint site or site collection
- Autocomplete Text Field: a field that allows users to pick items from a list by making use of an AJAX autocomplete text box.
- Enhanced Site Actions: adds extra menu items the the default Site Actions menu, for easy access to commonly used functions
- Copy Paste: adds copy and paste functionality to Document Libraries
- TableRow Highlight: uses jQuery to highlight table rows when the mouse pointer is hovering above them
- Dock Navigation: adds an overlay to every page of a site to allow users to navigate to the Lists and Document Libraries of that site
- Charts: show animated Silverlight charts, based on data stored in SharePoint lists and document libraries
This release is created based on lots of suggestions and bug reports of it’s users, so thanks for being part of the community! And keep submitting feature requests, feedback and bug reports. Most of the work went into the newest component: the Silverlight Charts. The Charts are still in beta, and I’ve got some cool ideas to make them even better. But even this beta version offers some cool functionality, you can watch a small screencast here (make sure you switch to fullscreen). If you’d like to download the screencast in high resolution; you hit the download link at the bottom right of the video page on Vimeo.