[Via the SharePoint Team Blog] The long awaited version 1.1 of the Visual Studio Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services has RTM-ed, you can download it here. There is still no support for Visual Studio 2008 (but it will come in June 2008), but there are some interesting new things:
What's New in VSeWSS 1.1?
- "WSP View", aka "Solution Package editing"
- No more hidden, non-editable solution content!
- Create new Features
- Reorder Elements between Features
- Conflict validation against existing Features
- Rename existing Features
- Change Feature activation order
- Visual Basic support!
- New Item Templates:
- "List Instance" project item
- "List Event Handler" project item
- “SharePoint Template” item template, e.g. "layouts" files
- Faster F5 speed (The tool no longer performs an IISReset. Now it only recycles the app pool.)
- Solution Generator: you can now choose which lists should be included when exporting a site.
- Many bug fixes, e.g.
- No more GUIDs in Feature Names
- Support complex project names, e.g. with periods.
- Can deploy assemblies to the bin folder, instead of GAC