Just a note to myself to do a braindump on all this Service Broker shiznit I have been playing with lately.
Potential discussion topics:
- MessageTypes, Contracts, Queues, and Services.
- Internal Activation, Routing, & External Activation
- Using the Sql Server ServiceBroker sample library.
- Implementation using SqlClr vs. TSQL
- Developing via messages instead of procedures...
- Compare & contrast Service Broker vs. Workflow Foundation vs. BizTalk
- The nifty Sql Service Broker Admin tool (3rd-party)
- Practical examples:
- Async "fire-and-forget" stored procedure invocation
- Query Notification for cache invalidation