"The day has cometh," sayeth the lone developer responsible for easy web deployments...
Unleash It 2.0 has finally reached its pinnacle of functionality, and as such its in due for a release to the public for general consumption (I'm not responsible for anyone eating software (is this even possible? (maybe if you save it to a floppy disk or CD?))).
For those who are not familiar with Unleash It, it is the rebranded utility named WebDeploy. However, Unleash It is not just a rebranded version, its a completely new codebase that has allowed for a multitude of expansion. Taking ideas (and a bit of code) from WebDeploy, Unleash It 2.0 has all of the same features of WebDeploy, but MORE!
Jumping directly into the changes, rather highlights (how can their be changes from a new codebase?):
- Redesigned Windows Application, allowing you to:
- Deploy a single profile or multiple profiles
- Select folder masks that are to be excluded
- Easy profile switching with new profile combobox
- Easy active profile editing
- Redesigned profile configuration dialog (ditched the wizard)
- Redesigned profile management dialog (easier to use now!)
- Easy to deploy a profile from the notification area icon
- Notification Area Icon now alerts you when your deployment has finished
- NEW! Visual Studio .NET 2003 Add-In
- Easy to configure quick deploy profile
- Easy to deploy a selected project (context menu item in the solution explorer)
- NEW! WebDeploy Profile Conversion
- Allows you to convert your existing WebDeploy profiles into Unleash It 2.0 Format!
- New! New website to provide a primary entry point for Unleash It information.
- New! New forums to discuss Unleash It, submit bugs or feature requests.
So, what are you waiting for? Scootch on over to the Unleash It site and download your free copy today!