When trying to import (actually update) an unmanaged solution, the import process failed due to an error in the ribbon of an existent entity. Pretty odd I didn’t modify it since last import.
I downloaded the log file and found the actual error message which was:
Found more than one RibbonDiff entity
Did some research and found it is a known issue, documented in this KB article.
What the above article suggests is that there may be duplicate LocLabel nodes with same LocLabel Id. Nevertheless, after opening my customizations.xml I couldn’t find any duplicates.
In my case, what I did to sort out this problem was:
- Open solution zip file and edit customizations.xml (back it up first, obviously )
- Completely replace the whole <RibbonDiffXml> node with just an empty one:
- Just leave it as is: “<RibbonDiffXml />”
- Import the solution. This time, it should work and import process should complete successfully.
- Publish customizations
- Undo the changes to customizatinos.xml file, restoring the original <RibbonDiffXml> node.
- Import again the solution.
- It should work again .
Hope it helps to save you some time.
PP [twitter: @pabloperalta]
UruIT Dynamix | #1 in Dynamics CRM Nearshoring Services.
Co-author The CRM Field Guide