I had a problem integrating Dynamics CRM 2011 and Sharepoint 2010 that got me crazy and want to share the resolution with you just in case you experience it too.
- Dynamics CRM 2011 RTM
- Sharepoint Server 2010.
- Sharepoint list components installed as site feature [it does not work as a farm solution] in a new site collection within a completely new web application.
- All on-premise.
- Both on same domain.
- None of them is a DC.
Under Settings->Document Management->Sharepoint Sites when I open my Sharepoint site and click on the checkbox ‘List components installed’ I always get the following message:
List component is not installed on the SharePoint URL that you specified but you have selected the List component is installed check box. Click OK to save your settings. Click Cancel to got back and change your settings.
Url is OK and already Valid. Dynamics CRM List component feature is successfully activated.
The solution is deployed at site collection level as supposed.
Some things I tried (with no success) but appears to be necessary, so I recommend you to double check are:
- Put the ‘/’ at the end of the url
- Turn off firewalls.
- Add Url mappings in Sharepoint (really I can’t see the point on this but was suggested in the forums)
- Set browsing file ‘Permissive’ at web application level in Sharepoint
After all of the above I still had the same problem.
The actual cause was the identity the CRM WebAppPool was running with. It was running with NETWORK SERVICE and this appears to be the credential that CRM uses to try to reach Sharepoint and check if list component is installed. So, it fails due to insufficient permissions.
So, to solve the problem you should:
- Create/have a domain account with the following privileges:
- Domain user
- Member of Performance Log Users
- Member of Local Administrators group on SQL Server machine
- Member of Local Administrators on the CRM web server
- Read and write privileges on \Trace folder, by default located at \Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Trace, and within the user folder under %AppData% in the local machine.
- Read and write privileges for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM and sub-keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\MSCRMSandboxService
- Member of CRM_WPG group. This group is created automatically during the installation of Dynamics CRM.
- Administrator of the Sharepoint site collection where the list components are installed [maybe could have less privileges, but I used administrator]
Important: remember this account cannot be the same used for Dynamics CRM installation neither SQL Server service can be running with the same account.
- Change Dynamics CRM WebAppPool identity in IIS to use the new domain account created above.
- Restart IIS.
- Open Dynamics CRM Web and try again going to Settings->Document Management->Sharepoint Sites.
- Open your Sharepoint site and click again on the checkbox ‘List components installed’
- It should work now :)
Hope it helps to save you some time :)