Another year is over, time to review what I did this time… so here it goes:
- Was awarded MVP again! All right!!!
- Started a list of portuguese sites on software development;
- Presented on Elasticsearch at the first NetPonto gathering in Aveiro, here;
- Did a presentation on Elasticsearch at the MVP Western Europe Community Open Day, in Rome;
- Was a speaker at the 2016 TugaIT conference in Lisbon; here is my presentation;
- Released my pet project, Postal.NET, to GitHub;
- My article on Entity Framework Core made the cover of the August release of the portuguese development magazine Programar;
- Finished my series on Interception in .NET;
- Did a couple of posts on .NET Core/ASP.NET Core/Entity Framework Core:
- .NET encore
- Missing features in Entity Framework Core
- Implementing missing features in Entity Framework Core
- Unit testing .NET Core
- IoC and DI in ASP.NET Core
- Using MEF in .NET Core
- Moving to ASP.NET Core
- .NET Core console applications
- The good parts
- .NET Core reloaded
- My first “physical” book came out, Entity Framework Core Cookbook;
- Some of my contributions to NHibernate were released as part of NHibernate 4.1.0.
- A lot of .NET Core, and not a single post on Web Forms!
- Only one post on SharePoint
- No book reviews
Not all was good, though… was unable to finish on time an article for a development magazine… and was late on delivering another ebook… and couldn’t start another book, due to pure lack of time… more news on the first two next year, hopefully!
Next year I imagine I will be writing more and more on .NET Core and specifically ASP.NET Core. Probably some Elasticsearch and Docker (new!) too. Some “classic” topics will have more contents soon:
Azure and AWS will probably pop up too. Too soon to tell!
Anyway, I wish you all an excellent 2017! Thanks for visiting me, keep dropping by!