This blog has now officially moved into http://osherove.com/blog .
Thank you DotNetWeblogs and ScottWater for creating this blog site to begin with. It used to be a great community site, which I was proud to be part of.
Thank you Microsoft for abandoning it and leaving its users hopelessly stuck unable to move to other blog platforms. Today it is ugly, unmaintained, and 7 versions back in the CommunityServer version. This horse is almost as dead as live spaces, only Microsoft isn’t planning on reincarnating it into wordpress any time soon.
- What’s the new RSS feed for the new blog?
It’s the same. you don’t have to change anything, since I’m using FeedBurner for the feed.
It’s still http://feeds.feedburner.com/Iserializable
- I want to move my blog out of this site as well!
We’ve released the tool that has exported my project as an Open Source tool over on CodePlex:
- Will this work for other CommunityServer based sites? (such as blogs.microsoft.co.il , blogs.msdn.com ?)
It should, since the tool is based on XML-RPC. It also supports SquareSpace and WordPress, so you should be able to:
- Move your blog from WordPress to Squarespace
- Move your blog from WordPress to CommunityServer
- Move your blog from Squarespace to WordPress
- Move your blog from SquareSpace to CommunityServer
- Move your blog from CommunityServer to Squarespace
- Move your blog from CommunityServer to WordPress