If you’re interested in getting started with Silverlight development or enhancing your existing skills check out the upcoming Silverlight Firestarter event running December 2, 2010. The event can be attended live in Redmond, WA or viewed online (both for free). Sign-up for the event here. I’m excited about the opportunity to speak at the event along with Scott Guthrie, John Papa, Tim Heuer, Jesse Liberty, Jaime Rodriguez, Yavor Georgiev and others.
What is the Silverlight Firestarter?
- An Event. A one day, global, live streamed and on demand event keynoted by Scott Guthrie.
- Training. New self-paced labs and walk through videos.
- Interactive. Watch live and ask the Silverlight product team questions during the event.
- Why Silverlight? Silverlight is a powerful development platform for creating engaging, interactive user experiences for Web, desktop, and mobile applications when online or offline.
Something for Everyone
- Just starting out with Silverlight? Watch our On-Ramp sessions to get you started.
- Already Building business applications? Watch live to improve your skills and understanding.
- Got questions? Chat with the Silverlight product team live or in person.
Firestarter Live Agenda (sessions are subject to change):
- Silverlight Firestarter Keynote by Scott Guthrie
- Building Compelling Apps with WCF using REST and LINQ for Silverlight and WP7
- Building Feature Rich Business Apps Today with WCF RIA Services
- MVVM: Why and How?
- Silverlight Today and Tomorrow (guest panel with Scott Guthrie and Silverlight product team members)
- Building Real World Silverlight Apps
- Tune Your Application: Profiling and Performance Tips
- Killer Performance Tips for Silverlight Windows Phone 7
After the live event keep fueling the fire! Dive deeper with additional hands on labs and videos that build on the live session content, accelerating you ahead of the crowd.
- Watch the entire event on demand!
- Plus, new self-paced labs and walk through videos
- On Ramp Labs (100 level)
- Hands on labs specifically focused on helping new developers get up to speed quickly on Silverlight
- Do you know WinForms? HTML? ASP.NET? Want to learn Silverlight? We have a lab for you!
- Building Better Business Apps (200-300 level)
- Hands on labs focused on taking advantage of Silverlight to build real world business applications
- Apply Data Strategies, Patterns, Out of Browser, RIA Services, and much more using Silverlight
- Turnabout is fair play! Watch a video of our experts doing the labs themselves.