Microsoft Learning has just released an online course "Introduction to XAML" which is free.
To access the course follow this link:
Clinic 6375AE: Introduction to XAML
This two-hour clinic provides you with an introduction to XAML. It also describes how the features of XAML can help designers and developers save time and effort while creating applications with XAML and WPF.
This clinic covers the following topics.
- Background and uses of XAML
- Using XAML and WPF to create GUIs
- Using styles, ControlTemplates, and resources
The pre-requisites for this clinic are as follows:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0, Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.0 (formerly WinFX), and Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5
- Knowledge of C#, Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- Familiarity with XML