The Montreal .NET Community will host a new Speaker Idol competition this year.
What is it ?
It’s your chance to be the speaker, presenting a .NET-related topic, trick or technique in 10 minutes in front of a panel of expert judges. Impress them, and you’ll get:
- An opportunity to do a full presentation in front of the user group at a later date
- A license of Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- When and where? Speaker Idol takes place on Monday, October 25th, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Microsoft’s Montreal Office (2000 Avenue McGill College, 4th floor).
- Both official languages welcome. No, not C# and VB, but French and English!
- They’re looking for new speakers. The contest is open only to people who’ve never spoken at a user group or conference.
- Submission deadline: You need to submit a brief description (200 words max.) of your talk and a bio by midnight, October 1st (this Friday!) to email@example.com.
- Speaker Idol contestants will be announced on October 4th.
- Contestants will be judged on:
- Mastery of their subject
- Quality of their presentation
- Ability to get the point across
- Quality of their slides
- Quality of their code
- What will be provided: A laptop with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and SQL Server Express 2008 installed will be available. If your presentation requires the installation of other software, please bring your own (if your bring your own, set your screen resolution to 1024 * 768).
- What won’t be provided: There will be no internet connection available.
- What you should bring: Bring your PowerPoint presentation and demo code on a USB key or drive. Your presentation and code will be featured on the Montreal .NET Community’s site.
- Judging: A panel of 3 judges will comment on your presentation and the audience will vote. They promise a relaxed environment.
To participate, submit your 200-word-max presentation description and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org before friday!
More info (in french): http://tinyurl.com/24hbtnb
Thanks to Joey for the original article.