Microsoft released a new application block entitled the Logging Application Block that builds on the Enterprise Instrumentation Framework (EIF).
The logging block provides extensions to the EIF architecture that help to address the common usage scenarios for logging. These include:
- Formatting of event information
- Configurable log levels
- Enhanced information in the published events
- Asynchronous logging
- Reliable logging
- Centralized logging
- Request tracing for Web services
- Metering for Web services
- EIF publisher for Exception Management Block
Sounds quite interesting, doesn't it? The question is: where do I get EIF?
Update: EIF is now available as a free public download.
Update: changed the link to point to the block home page, rather than the dowload page.