Thanks to Craig Shoemaker for tagging me on the "Five Things"<g>. So, here we go, here are five things you probably didn't know about me:
1. I grew up in Iowa. I love the Midwest and I try to get back there to see friends whenever I can. I try to speak at the Des Moines, Iowa .NET User Group once a year, since that is where I have a lot of friends. I will be speaking there on March 7, 2007, so if you are in the area, stop by! (www.iowadnug.org)
2. I snow ski. I try to go a few times a year to Mammoth with my friend, and the VP of my company, Michael. I love being out in the fresh air and getting exercise. I am an intermediate skiier. I tried snowboarding once, but I prefer skiing.
3. I play drums in a progressive rock band called Evolve (www.MusicEvolve.com). We are an all-original music band. We have created about 20 songs so far and are working on our first CD which we hope to release in about 1 month. I picked up drums in January of 2004 after not having played for 20 years! Took awhile to get the chops back, but thanks to some good instructors, I am improving all the time. In fact, I am fortunate to have a local guy who is a Gene Krupa impersonator give me some lessons. Check out Randy Caputo if you are interested (www.RandyCaputo.com).
4. I was going to become a theatre major before I discovered computers. While in college I was working in the school theatre doing lighting and stagecraft and we used an old Apple II+ to run the lights for the productions. I really enjoyed playing with the computer, and that is how I decided I liked computers better than theatre. However, to this day, I still love live theatre and go whenever I have a chance.
5. I have an 8 year old daughter named Maddie. She and I are like two peas in a pod. We love roller blading together, and in fact, we go 2 times a week to a local skating rink. We enjoying walking with the dog, going to movies, and just laughing and being together. Being recently divorced has cut down a little of our time together, but we still have some great quality time together.
Hopefully, this gives you a little insight to my life. I hope you find it interesting.
So, if I were to pick on 3 other people, here is who I would like to know more about.