Calling all Speakers!
My name is Paul Sheriff and I am one of the conference chairs for DevConnections in the Fall of 2012 which will be held in Las Vegas from Oct. 29-Nov 1, 2012. This show will focus on Visual Studio 11 and Windows 8 development, but good generic topics on .NET development are still welcome. You need to have 3 topics accepted in order to be compensated for your travel and sessions. Thus, you will need to submit more than 3 topics.
• Developing an App in Windows 8 Metro
• Creating a multi-tier app using the new Web API
• Using HTML 5 for Mobile Applications
• Moving from Synchronous programming to Asynchronous
• Suggest a topic…
Professional Development Track
This track will focus on the programmer who is moving up to architect, project manager or a development manager. The intent is to present a series of seminars that will help them build their skills in these areas.
• Project Management
• Requirements Gathering
• Suggest a topic…
*** NOTE: NEW SESSIONS NEEDED!!! ***
If you are interested, please let me know by emailing me directly at PSheriff@pdsa.com. Here is what I need from you ASAP!
1. A title and short description of your proposed topics
2. Your willingness to present on a minimum of 3 topics
3. You are able to come Oct. 29-Nov. 1, 2012 to Las Vegas to speak on your topics
4. DEADLINE! I need all of this by April 3, 2012
Please enter your abstracts at http://www.deeptraining.com/devconnections/abstracts
Please really think about your Title and Abstract. I would prefer you to have it in the following format.
Title: The title should be very action oriented and explain exactly what you will get from this session. Think “Marketing and Sales”! You are selling your session to the attendees. Using numbers in your title are a great way to gather interest, for example; “Top 10 tips for ____”, “The 20 things you need to know to _____”, “You can learn _____ in just 75 minutes”, etc.
Description: Use a lot of action sentences and explain each demo and each point that the attendee will get from attending this seminar. Really sell this seminar to the attendee in here. If possible we would like to have the user walk away with a class, a DLL, a reusable widget, flash cards, a document with step-by-step instructions, or a set of concrete techniques from this session. Give some value to the attendee. Make this “Take Away” the last sentence in your abstract.
Please keep the abstracts under 200 words each and in one paragraph. No bulleted items and line breaks, and please use a spell-checker. You need to use the web-based tool to submit them officially, but send to me too please. Please submit at least 3 abstracts, but it would help your chances of being selected if you submitted 5 or more abstracts. Also, you are encouraged to suggest all-day pre or post conference workshops as well. We need to finalize the conference content and the tracks layout in just a few weeks, so we need your abstracts no later than April 3, 2012. NO EXECPTION will be granted on late submissions!
What you will get if selected:
• $500 per regular conference talk.
• Compensation for full-day workshops ranges from $500 for 1-20 attendees to $2500 for 200+ attendees.
• Airfare allowance of up to $500. If you are international, you will have to cover the rest.
• Hotel stay paid by the conference.
• Free admission to the conference.
• Lots of fun!