Occasionally I get to do cool non-traditional things as part of my job. Two weeks ago, I was the guest star in a fun "Red vs. Blue" Halo video produced by Rooster Teeth. You can watch it online here (it is 3 minutes in length).
Below is a screen-shot of me in the movie, right after I shoot "Private Donut" the first time (you will have to watch the video to understand).
I also spend some time in the video trying to explain to the "reds" what ASP.NET AJAX can offer them. <g>
ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit Update Released
In other ASP.NET AJAX news, the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit team last week shipped an update to the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit (which is a free, shared source library, containing 34+ ASP.NET AJAX Controls that are built by both Microsoft and non-Microsoft developers). This ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit update contains a bunch of great new updates:
- ASP.NET Theme/Skin support - You can now use ASP.NET's theme/skin support to specify properties for Toolkit controls across an entire web site in one central location.
- Two new controls - the ListSearch and SlideShow controls - have been added to the toolkit. Special thanks to Damian Mehers and Kirti for contributing these.
You can try out and download the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit online here.
Free Microsoft Learning Course: Developing Enhanced Web Experiences with Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX Extensions
Microsoft Learning has published a free premium online clinic that provides a great way to learn how to use ASP.NET AJAX. It can be watched for free and covers AJAX concepts and how to use ASP.NET AJAX end-to-end (it is 2 hours long). You can watch the course online here.
More ASP.NET AJAX "How Do I?" Videos
Joe Stagner has been busy creating more ASP.NET AJAX "How Do I?" videos (I first blogged about this series in this blog post from last month). He published three new videos last week:
- How Do I: Implement the Predictive Fetch Pattern for AJAX (24 minutes)
- How Do I: Implement the AJAX Paging Pattern (27 minutes)
- How Do I: Get Started with the Animation Extender Control (20 minutes)
ASP.NET AJAX Downloads and Deployments
In the first 6 weeks since ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 was released, we've already had several hundred thousand downloads of the final V1.0 release. Last week we got back the results from a recent web crawler study on the Internet that found over 60,000 unique Internet sites that had already deployed sites using the final ASP.NET AJAX V1.0 bits within the first month. Click here to see screen-shots of some of these sites, and read interviews with the developers who built them.
Hope this helps,