Microsoft has released a new update for ASP.NET MVC 3 named ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update. ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update won’t update the MVC 3 runtime and it only updates the tooling for ASP.NET MVC 3. ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update is also includes the NuGet 1.2 version. You can download the ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update from here.
Changes in ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update
- New Intranet Project Template for Windows Authentication.
- HTML 5 checkbox to enable HTML 5 versions of project templates.
- "Add Controller" dialog box can now scaffold controllers with views and data access code.
- Project templates now include Modernizr 1.7
- Project templates include updated versions of jQuery (jQuery 1.5.1), jQuery UI (jQuery UI 1.8.11), and jQuery Validation (jQuery Validation 1.8) .
- Project templates now include ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.1 as a pre-installed NuGet package.
The below screen shot shows the new ASP.NET MVC 3 project dialog box
The below screen shot shows the new add controller dialog box