August 2nd Links: ASP.NET AJAX and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit

Here is the latest in my semi-regular link-listing series.  Today's links are all about ASP.NET AJAX.

ASP.NET AJAX Articles

• ASP.NET AJAX: Canceling an Async Postback: Matt Berseth demonstrates how to use JavaScript on the client to see if a page is in the middle of an Async Postback (using the UpdatePanel), and how you can  programmatically cancel it.

• Create an AJAX File Upload: Kazi Manzur Rashid posts about a good technique you can use to handle AJAX-like file uploads using ASP.NET.

ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit Articles

ASP.NET AJAX in VS 2008 and .NET 3.5 Articles

• ASP.NET AJAX in .NET 3.5: A blog post by me that talks about the version of ASP.NET AJAX that is included in .NET 3.5.

ASP.NET AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit Videos

Joe Stagner continues to publish awesome videos on the "Learn" section of the www.asp.net website.  Below are 13 of the new videos posted in the last month (click here to watch them all for free):

ASP.NET AJAX Books

As I've mentioned in other recent posts, the first books specifically targeting the final ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 release are now published.  Below are links to four of them you can order today:

Hope this helps,

Scott

P.S. I am officially declaring today "Matt Berseth Appreciation Day" given that the majority of my article links are to his fantastic blog (rss subscription here). Thank you Matt!

Published Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:19 PM by ScottGu
Filed under: , , ,

Comments

# re: August 2nd Links: ASP.NET AJAX and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit

Friday, August 3, 2007 2:25 AM by Gill Cleeren

Nice and useful collection. Thanks :)

Friday, August 3, 2007 8:26 AM by Speednet

Thanks very much for the link to Matt's blog.  What a tremendous resource for ASP.NET coders!  Matt definitely deserves recognition for his efforts.  I only wish I knew about it a long time ago.

Friday, August 3, 2007 9:02 AM by Ben Hayat

What about "Scott's Appreciation Day"? ;-)

..Ben

Friday, August 3, 2007 9:34 AM by Shawn

Well Matt has another subscriber now.

Friday, August 3, 2007 10:02 AM by Ben Hayat

Scott;

Kind of crazy question, but I need to ask.

From the first announcement of Linq, we all knew Linq is going to be a big part of MS development tools and there is no doubt it's worth the time and effort to learn and pursue it. And you can see MS will push that all the way.

Thanks!

Friday, August 3, 2007 11:04 AM by Vikram

good links thats fro sharing

Friday, August 3, 2007 11:19 AM by Ram

Hi Scott,

I plan on building a workstation - 2x Intel Quad-core with 8GB.  Is VS2005 and VS2008 and truly multi-threaded application?  Will there be be a 64-bit version of the VS in future?

Thanks,

Ram

Friday, August 3, 2007 3:16 PM by Guillaume

Hi Scott,

I'm wondering if you have some links you could provide to improve performance for Web Application project?

I have 7 projects in the solutions :

Common.Data : Class Librairy (10 classes)

Common.Controls : Class Librairy (2 classes)

DAL : Class Librairy (20 classes)

BLL : Class Librairy (40 classes)

BO : Class Librairy (20 classes)

Test : Class Librairy (50 classes)

UI : C# Web Application (~10 classes, ~20 pages, ~60 UserControl (WebParts))

The solution takes 3-4 seconds to build, but when I lauch the Web Application in  Debug, it takes 2.5 to 3 minutes before the content is displayed to the user. After that, the application is very fast.

Thanks

Friday, August 3, 2007 8:23 PM by sbrown@ashe.ucla.edu

Scott,

Are there any particular coding issues related to security that we need to watch out for when using ASP.NET AJAX?  Any links to best practices?

Sam

Saturday, August 4, 2007 3:07 AM by ali akbar

Thanks scott

i am one of your fans in iran ,i read your blog always and know that your blog posts is a good reference and good place for up to date in .net solve problems and ........

can you give me a link for open source portal like DotNetNuke in c#(not rainbow :d its huge)

or good article for portal architecture

thanks thanks thanks

i hope see u in iran

Saturday, August 4, 2007 7:22 AM by Ngoc

Hi Scott,

I have a question about LINQ to SQL. My table has two primary keys. Now I want to select a row (object) by its primary keys using method Single, but I don't know how to query it in LINQ?

Monday, August 6, 2007 1:32 AM by ScottGu

Hi Ben,

>>>>> What's your projection about the future efforts in SilverLight and it's importance within MS? Is it one of those projects that's shoots high and then dies off or will it be like Linq that will have life behind it?

Silverlight definitely has a bright future in front of it.  You are going to see a lot of effort being put behind it in the future.

Thanks,

Scott

Friday, September 21, 2007 9:31 AM by eboy2001

Has the patch been released for the validation controls yet? I want to know if I can remove the <tagMappings> from my web.config yet