Have a look at http://www.ontolica.com/English/SharePointExplorer/Home.html for a great explorer tool with the following capabilities (quote from website):
- View and modify the object properties of Virtual servers, Sites, Lists, List templates, Document Libraries, Files, Folders, List items and List fields.
- Delete site collections, sites, lists, files and file versions.
- Download files from document libraries.
- View the content of any text file.
- View and modify the object properties of Virtual portal servers, Portal sites, Areas, Keywords, Listings, Catalogs, Content Sources and Scheduled Tasks.
- Delete content sources and search schedules.
- Import/Export list of content sources including search schedules. Makes it easy to copy the list of content sources to another SPS installation.
- Start/Stop crawling.
- Really good!!