Bil Simser describes in this post that it is possible to use WSS SP2 with SharePoint Portal Server, although not all new features are supported in Portal Server.
Patrick Tisseghem says in a comment on this post that there will be no SP2 for SPS.
I’m wondering how you can get SharePoint Portal Server freshly installed on ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.
I think it will be something like:
- Install Windows Server 2003
- Install SQL Server 2000 + SP4
- Install SharePoint Portal Server
- Install WSS SP1
- Install SPS SP1
- Install the .Net Framework 2.0
- Install WSS SP2
- Upgrade SQL Server 2000 to SQL server 2005
- Uninstall SQL Server 2000
Or is there a faster route?