January 2008 - Posts
The winners of the programming contest over at the German website www.dotnet-snippets.de have been announced – my entry EventFilter was chosen by a jury from almost 100 entries to be the winner.
EventFilter is a generic helper class for dealing with events that may be raised multiple times in rapid succession, when only the last event of a “burst” is of interest.
You find the English version in this blog post I published recently.
GhostDoc is a free add-in for Visual Studio that automatically generates XML
documentation comments for C#. Either by using existing documentation inherited
from base classes or implemented interfaces, or by deducing comments from
name and type of e.g. methods, properties or parameters.
- Version 2.1.3 is a minor bugfix release, fixing problem with documentation for specific operators and import/export of partial configurations.
- Download on the GhostDoc Website
- Users of earlier versions: Please read the ReadMe on upgrading!
What’s New in GhostDoc 2.1.3:
- Fixed: No documentation was generated for the operators "&", "<" and ">".
- Fixed: Rules for classes, events, interfaces and structs were not shown in the export dialog, making it impossible to exclude them from an export.
- Changed: Tags for empty rule collections in config files are now removed (cosmetic change, does not break compatibility of the file format).
- Added: Some "of the" triggers and prefixes, "no the" words and acronyms.
Note that VB.Net support is turned off by default and has to be turned on in the configuration dialog.
Here are some statistics for my Visual Studio add-in GhostDoc for the year 2007.
Downloads for Visual Studio 2005
- Version 1.9.5 (released back in 2006): 15294
- Version 2.0.0 (released 2007–05–01): 11395
- Version 2.1.0 (released 2007–06–24): 2351
- Version 2.1.1 (released 2007–07–04): 24909
- Version 2.1.2 (released 2007–11–25): 4873
- Total: 58822
Downloads for Visual Studio 2008
- Version 2.0.0 (released 2007–05–01): 444
- Version 2.1.0 (released 2007–06–24): 153
- Version 2.1.1 (released 2007–07–04): 3202
- Version 2.1.2 (released 2007–11–25): 3140
- Total: 6939
Downloads for Visual Studio .NET 2003
- Version 1.3.0 (released back in 2005): 4409
Donations by chosing an item from my Amazon WishLists (US, UK, DE):
- Total: 7 (a huge Thank You to you guys and gals!)