Some frequently asked questions from the MSDN Forums, answered by Ajay Sudan, Product Manager for Visual Studio Team System...
Q: I am an MSDN Universal Subscriber; why can't I see any of the role-based products or Team Suite in the MSDN Subscriber Downloads Center?
A: You have not yet submitted a transition request. You must transition from MSDNU to one of the role-based products or upgrade to the Suite. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions for more information.
Q: How long does the transition request take?
A: For a retail subscriber it will take 24-48 hours from transition choice to access the new level/role. For a Volume Licensing admin to assign a role choice and then the user to get download access should be nearly instantaneous.
Q: If I install Team Suite after installing VS Pro, do I need to uninstall VS Pro?
A: No, the two products live side-by-side. There is only one devenv.exe and it will launch the higher SKU. In this case, Suite is launched.
Q: Can I upgrade from Team Suite trial to the full version of Team Suite?
A: Yes, the trial will go into maintenance mode and give you the option to upgrade.
Q: If I use the Team Suite trial, what happens if I then install a role-based product?
A: The Suite trial will continue to launch since it is considered the higher SKU. The trial edition will need to be uninstalled before you can use a role-based product.
Q: I am a Microsoft partner. Can someone please tell me what is going on?
A: Partner program benefits will be communicated through your partner channels. In the meantime, you can see the most recent communication from the partner team here: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/40018086?PS=3. We're hearing your feedback and I will personally relay your comments to the appropriate individuals.
[via MSDN Forums]
- Understanding API First Strategy and Benefits
- Frankenstein APIs Explained! - API Cyber Security Series
- API Security 101 - Cyber Security Explained
- API Trends 2022 - API Security and Cybersecurity
- API Trends 2022 - Seamless Integration Solutions
- API Trends 2022 - Adaptive API Management
- API Trends 2022 - API Integration Automation
- API Trends 2022 - Industry Specific Breakouts
- API Trends 2022 - API Best Practices
- API Trends 2022 - Open API Standards
- API Trends 2022 - API Integration Experience
- API Trends 2022 - API-Led Modernization
- API Trends 2022 - API Economy Growth
- Brenton House - Give your App and APIs a Turbo Boost – Part 2
- Easily Enable Speech Recognition in Titanium iOS using Hyperloop
- adaptive api management
- api automation
- api best practices
- api economy
- api experience
- api first
- api integration
- api integrations
- api management
- api security
- api standards
- api strategy
- api trends
- Brenton House
- Cisco VPN
- Community News
- Continuous Integration
- fhir apis
- Free Stuff
- General Software Development
- Google Drive
- healthcare apis
- json schema
- Live Mesh
- Mac OS X
- mobile api
- open banking
- Other Stuff
- Team Systems
- titanium native
- titanium turbo
- Unit Testing
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio 11
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- windows update