What is an API First Strategy?
API First is more than building an API for every product you have. API First is a strategic and tactical methodology for how you view your products and your business and about adopting a mindset where your products are capabilities that you can deliver. API First focuses on the business value of APIs and what they deliver.
An API First and API-led Integration Strategy is essential to every organization. The companies that are adopting an API First Strategy are the ones that are gaining ground the quickest in the growing API Economy. API First allows you to view your business as a set of API Products that work together to provide the features, data, and capabilities that your organization's products produce.
APIs are what enable businesses to engage with consumers in the digital world and are how your products are going to be judged in the API Economy.
How fast are things moving in the API Economy? Let's take a look.
What happens in a minute?
A lot can happen in a minute.
In a single minute:
UPS will deliver 11,319 packages
Apple will make a little over $70k dollars
In a single minute, over $3 million dollars will be donated to charities around the world.
In the next 60 seconds, over 700K telephone calls will be made.
60 seconds is not a lot of time but it is enough time for a lot to happen.
A lot can also happen in a digital minute
In fact, according to the 2021 results compiled by Domo, a lot DOES happen in a digital minute.
These are some pretty big numbers.
For instance, in the next
- People watch
694K hoursof videos on YouTube
- Twitter users post
- Slack users send
- Users stream
452k hoursof video on Netflix
- Google conducts
12M peoplesend an iMessage
6M peopleshop online
- Users send
- People watch
167M videoson TikTok
The list goes on and on but there is one thing in common.
All of these services (and more!) are powered by APIs.
Finish reading the full post here 👉 API Strategy Explained with Brenton House
- Understanding API First Strategy and Benefits
- Frankenstein APIs Explained! - API Cyber Security Series
- API Security 101 - Cyber Security Explained
- API Trends 2022 - API Security and Cybersecurity
- API Trends 2022 - Seamless Integration Solutions
- API Trends 2022 - Adaptive API Management
- API Trends 2022 - API Integration Automation
- API Trends 2022 - Industry Specific Breakouts
- API Trends 2022 - API Best Practices
- API Trends 2022 - Open API Standards
- API Trends 2022 - API Integration Experience
- API Trends 2022 - API-Led Modernization
- API Trends 2022 - API Economy Growth
- Brenton House - Give your App and APIs a Turbo Boost – Part 2
- Easily Enable Speech Recognition in Titanium iOS using Hyperloop
- adaptive api management
- api automation
- api best practices
- api economy
- api experience
- api first
- api integration
- api integrations
- api management
- api security
- api standards
- api strategy
- api trends
- Brenton House
- Cisco VPN
- Community News
- Continuous Integration
- fhir apis
- Free Stuff
- General Software Development
- Google Drive
- healthcare apis
- json schema
- Live Mesh
- Mac OS X
- mobile api
- open banking
- Other Stuff
- Team Systems
- titanium native
- titanium turbo
- Unit Testing
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio 11
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- windows update