GhostDoc is a free add-in for Visual Studio that automatically generates XML
documentation comments for C#. Either by using existing documentation inherited
from base classes or implemented interfaces, or by deducing comments from
name and type of e.g. methods, properties or parameters.
- Bugfix release
- Download on the GhostDoc Website
- Users of earlier versions: Please read the ReadMe on upgrading!
About this Release
Version 2.1.2 fixes a problem with side-by-side installations of GhostDoc versions for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
What’s New in GhostDoc 2.1.2:
- Fixed: GhostDoc versions for Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 interfering when installed side-by-side.
- Changed: An upgrade installation by starting the MSI file while an older version is installed is no longer supported, i.e. you have to uninstall GhostDoc before running the new setup. Note that this does not affect an upgrade of the configuration of earlier versions: the configuration file is not removed during uninstallation of the GhostDoc add-in, so you'll still be offered to upgrade your configuration when installing the new version. For detailed installation instructions, please take a look at the ReadMe in the ZIP file.
- Added: A few special words for ("of the" trigger and prefix words, "no the" words).
Note that VB.Net support is turned off by default and has to be turned on in the configuration dialog.