Emaroo is a free utility for browsing most recently used (MRU) file lists of programs like Visual Studio, VS Code, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator and more. Quickly open files, jump to their folder in Windows Explorer, copy them (and their path) to the clipboard - or run your own tools on files and folders with custom actions!
- Download Emaroo on www.roland-weigelt.de/emaroo
- Get ready-to-use custom actions on GitHub, e.g.
- Open a Visual Studio project/solution in a specific version of Visual Studio
- Open the Visual Studio developer command line
- Open a file or folder in Visual Studio Code
- Open a folder in Git Bash or Git GUI
- Attach a file to a new email in Outlook
- Learn how to write your own custom actions in a quick step-by-step guide.
About this Release
The recent release of Visual Studio Code 1.26 brought a couple of changes that made it disappear from Emaroo. With VS Code being one of the tools and applications that I constantly launch from Emaroo, that is obviously a bad thing.
Fortunately I had a more or less finished version 4.2 that was just waiting for an important reason for a release.
Other release notes:
- Changed: The settings for Show hidden and Show missing now work across tabs and are persisted when exiting Emaroo.
- Improved: Reduced flicker when changing tabs.
- Fixed: On some systems a black line appeared at the bottom of the VS2017 tab.
Workaround: In case the MRU list for Visual Studio 2017 shows only old items (or none at all), you can now switch the strategy how the MRU items are determined. See the ReadMe in the ZIP file for more information.
Thank you! to Darren Schroeder for his support (technical info, example code, testing).