The guys over at Dot Net Factory have announced that they’re released a free community edition of their SharePoint navigation tool. This is a plugin for your browser that lets you navigate sites more easily. The blurb from the website:
The Dot Net Factory’s SharePoint Explorer is an IE add-in providing end-users and administrators the richest possible SharePoint usage and navigation experience for all SharePoint 2003 and 2007 versions. SharePoint Explorer provides a friendly tree-based interface allowing novice and expert users alike to see all SharePoint sites and content at a glance while providing right-click menus for all common functions.
- Installed on your PC to work with any number of SharePoint servers and sites
- Visualizes all SharePoint Areas, sites, Document Libraries, and Lists to any depth
- Navigate to any location in a single click
- Quick search of any site
- Context sensitive right-click menus provide instant access to almost every function
- Items counts display for Document Libraries and Lists
- My Outlook functionality providing quick access to Outlook while working with SharePoint
- Add alternate credentials for accessing different sites with different user accounts
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- .NET Framework 2.0 or greater
- Access to any 2003 or 2007 version of SharePoint
It fully supports 2003 *and* 2007 versions of SharePoint so something to check out. You can find the download here.