Microsoft has come out with an update to what I consider their Gong Show release of eScrum. The new version (v1.0 as opposed to v1, go figure) has the following fixes:
- MSI to provide a prerequisites separately during installation
- Provided start menu link to documentation, to locate Help
- Provided choice to install only the process template, and/or the web application
- Rebuilt with latest Ajax Control Library Version
- Automated copy of XSS library in MSI
- Automated creation and configuration of application pool and website in MSI
- Automated upload of process template in MSI
- Automated share point template setup in MSI
- Automated creation/configuration of cache and log paths in MSI
There are still some manual steps involved but it's a vast improvement and it all sounds good, I just can't tell you first hand right now if it's all it's cracked up to be.
You can download the package from here.