I’m pleased to announce that beta 1 of GhostDoc 1.3.0 has been released. A big “Thank You” to the steadily growing number of testers who helped me testing a couple of preview builds, pointed out a few minor issues and gave me an overall “Thumbs up”.
- New: New rules for using "inherited" documentation, including base class members and members of implemented interfaces. The inherited documentation will be cleaned from single <para> tags and the texts will be tweaked (e.g. when the summar for an interface method starts with "When implemented by a class....", and the summary is inherited by the method that is an implementation).
- New: GhostDoc updates existing documentation. Empty tags (<summary>, <returns>, <param>) will be filled according to the generation rules, existing text remains unchanged. The update reorders the parameter documentation if the order of the parameter changes, and removes documentation for parameters that no longer exist.
- New: User defined ("custom") rules using e.g. regular expressions for matching names and/or types.
- New: New rule for "On..." methods -- no more "Ons the click" ;-)
- New: Rule for static constructors.
- New: Rule for the Finalize method (descructor syntax in C#).
- New: Rule for event handler methods as they are created by the WinForms designer.
- New: Rule for boolean properties.
- New: Rules (both custom and built-in) can now be customized by editing templates that are used by the text generation rules.
- New: Export of partial configurations is now possible (e.g. for exporting only a single custom rule).
There are a couple of small features I’d like to see in 1.3.0 final. And then there’s a huge update of the help file waiting to be done.
- When is the final coming out?
My personal deadline is end of August.
- What about VS2005 support?
I guess i’ll wait for the PDC bits of VS2005