Okay, here it is kids, the August (1.2) release of the SharePoint Forums Web Part. This release includes the following features/fixes:
- Navigation menu to quickly jump to anywhere on the system
- Ability to place forums and categories in whatever display order you want
- Topic title/full body message search with links to topics/forums
- Ability to configure date format displays
- Support for ASP.NET 2.0 installations on WSSv2 and SP2
- Order of forums is fixed to allow “bumping” of topics
- Post count display fixed on home page
- Last post date/time display fixed
- Topics now require a subject before being created
- When replying to a specific message (not the entire thread) you can now preview the message you’re replying to
Sounds like fun? Go grab it here. Just install the MSI over the old version. Your data files will not be affected. If you are upgrading from 1.1 then please follow these instructions (included in the DrinkMe.txt file) to perform the upgrade:
If you are upgrading from version 1.1 to 1.2 please do the following:
- Install the 1.2 MSI
- Add the following to web.config anywhere inside the <configuration> section:
<assemblyIdentity name="BilSimser.SharePoint.WebParts.Forums" publicKeyToken="e516dadc23877c32" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="184.108.40.206" newVersion="220.127.116.11" />
- Perform and IISRESET
- Refresh the page where your Forums Web Part lives
- Voila! Version 1.2.
Note: If you’re still running 1.0 you can do the same, just change 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.
Please let me know via email if you have any questions/problems.